COVID - 19
Our sincere thanks go out to all of our guests who have been so accommodating about changing booking dates during the last few months! We are very much looking forward to being given the green light to re-open 'The Old Granary Holiday Apartments' to welcome back our guests and when this happens, we want to ensure the safety of our guests, of our local community and of ourselves. To this end, we are making some changes to arrangements and these are outlined below:
Bookings, Availability and Length of Stay
The safety of our guests is of the utmost importance to us and due to this we have taken the decision to make some changes to availability and bookings:
- As a precautionary measure, we are leaving a gap of 72 hours between each booking to allow adequate time for cleaning and disinfection between lets
- During July, August and September 2020, the minimum period of let for all new bookings will be 7 nights
- During October, November and December 2020, the minimum period of let for all new bookings will be 5 nights
The following caveats will apply to cancellations made due to Covid 19:
- With the Scottish Government's new Test and Protect Service now in operation, anyone who falls ill prior to their holiday with Covid 19 symptoms and who tests positive, or who has been in contact with someone who has tested positive, must self-isolate for 14 days. To protect the safety of others and our local community, you must under these circumstances cancel your holiday and not travel to 'The Old Granary Holiday Apartments'. On provision of written evidence of confirmation of either a positive test or direct instructions to isolate, as a goodwill gesture, you will be offered the opportunity to move your dates to another time within the next 12 months, subject to availability. Depending on the cost of the new booking, you may receive a partial refund, or you may require to make an additional payment. Your deposit will be transferred to the new booking which will then be subject to our normal Terms and Conditions.
- If anyone in your party falls ill with Covid 19 symptoms during your stay, you must contact us immediately, vacate the property and return home to self-isolate. You will not be permitted to self-isolate at 'The Old Granary Holiday Apartments'.
- If we are forced to close by the Scottish Government when your holiday is due, again we would ask you consider moving your dates until later in the year or into 2021. If this is not possible, we would ask you to check your travel insurance policy to see if you are covered and would ask you to make a claim for monies paid. If either option is not possible and we are unable to offer you a holiday due to enforced closure, we will refund your money.
Cleaning between Lets
Cleaning between lets will be carried out in accordance with the Cleaning Protocols for Self-Catering Properties and Short-Term Lets in the context of Covid-19 as drawn up by the Association of Scotland's Self-Caterers.
To help ensure our safety, at the end of your stay, all guests are being asked to strip your own beds and place all used bedding and towels in the laundry bags which will be provided.
Your help in these matters will be very much appreciated.